Hello readers, today is thursday and another week of working out and doing PST's is in the books.
On monday i started the AdvoCare 24 day challenge. It has been pretty easy so far. The hardest part is to make sure to remember what vitamins or supplements to take when. I made myself a little calendar with the days and when to take each thing during the day. Only 20 more days to go. I will keep you posted with my results after I complete the program. I figured it would be a good way to kick off my off-season diet and exercise program.
As for my workouts, I have added some weight training to my regimen. I am doing complexes to save some time, the downfall is you use one weight for all the exercises so some muscle groups you aren't working to their max and others your working closer to their max if not at the max.
I start all my workouts now with a matrix of planks. I do 3 sets of 30 seconds of each. Plank, and Right and Left side planks. I then do 3 sets of 30 Russian twists with an 8 pound medicine ball. I then do my PST's. I follow them with 200 kettlebell swings, 100 Right and 100 Left single arm swings. After that I move into a chest and bicep complex on the swiss ball, Chest press, hammer curls. 3 sets of 12 for each, no rest in between sets, just roll out to a chest press then roll back up and do curls. I then do over head tricep press, and shoulder shrugs 3 sets of 12, followed by Bent over rows and squats, again 3 sets of 12. I have recently started stretching before and after my workouts. I finish off my workout by drinking a post workout recovery shake. It is a nice treat to a hard workout because it is chocolate flavored and tastes really good. I also find it helps to reduce the soreness and tiredness I feel the next day after working out.
I still haven't added my TPI fitness program to my current program. Right now i finish my complete workout in 2 hours. I may pick a couple key drills to add to my current workout but i dont want to add to much more time to my sessions because i have school work to do and need to get some sleep. I will keep you posted on what i end up doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment