Thursday, November 17, 2011

My golf goals for 2012 season

As promised i am posting my golfing goals for the 2012 season. So with no further delay, here they are:

1.) Improve my ball striking - this will be measured by greens in reulation. I will improve my ball striking by swinging my club everyday making 50 concentrated swings focusing on perfect form and keeping my head still. My swing keys to emphasize are letting the right shoulder bring the head up and keeping my butt in contact with the wall to keep from early extending.

2.) Improve my driving accuracy - this will be measured by fairways in regulation. I will improve my driving accuracy by working on core strength and stability and hitting at least 20 balls with drive while practicing.

3.) Improve my short game - this will be measured by performing a benchmark test which will consist of chipping to different holes and recording the distance to the hole, then trying to improve that benchmark each week. I will spend at least 30 minutes a day pitching and chipping in the backyard and spend 15 minutes during practice sessions on chip shots around the green.

4.)Maintain my putting stroke -  I am already a good putter but i want to maintain my putting stroke and try to improve my tempo and distance control. I will practice putting in the living room and focus on good tempo. I will periodically check my putting stroke on a video camera and with an alignment mirror and practice my alignment with a mirror.

Current 2011 statistics and (Goal) statistics:
Average score 93  (85)
Current Handicap 16.7 (10)
F.I.R%    26.04%  (50%)
G.I.R%   20.20%  (60%)
Putts per green  1.86  (1.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment